I am so ready for Spring! What about you?
Today I will show you how I created 2 Spring Wall Hangings using Dollar Tree Metal Flowers.
- The first thing I did was remove the stems from both of the metal flowers by bending them back and forth until they broke.
- Next I bend the flower petals up so I could get under them with paint. Be careful when you do this not to bend them until they break just enough to get your paintbrush under.
- I used black chalk paint to cover all of the bright colors on the flowers.
- To create the worn look I was going for I used 3 different colors of acrylic and chalk paint. Elephant Gray, Nutmeg Brown, and Pearl White.
- I simply placed a small amount of each on my wax paper.
- I used a Dollar Tree makeup sponge and dipped it into all 3 colors at the same time.
- I then dabbed off the extra and began dabbing the paint cover sponge onto the flower until I was happy with the metallic look.
- I painted the back of the frame with white chalk paint.
- To create the shiplap look I used a Dollar Tree square and lined it up with the top of the board. I first used a pencil to draw the lines.
- I used a Dollar Tree eye lining brush and some elephant gray chalk paint to go over the pencil lines.
- I have found that Dollar Tree makeup brushes make amazing paint brushes. I pick up more of them with every trip I make to Dollar Tree.
- I put hot glue on the back metal bar of the flower and glued them to the center of each frame.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW FOR THE FULL TUTORIAL
Interested in Learning Inkscape? Sign Up Here to be Notified when I start my new Inkscape Series.
Products I Recommend and Use:
- Sola Wood Flowers -
- Monvict Hot Glue Gun -
- Tack Light Hot Air Gun -
- Duck Clear Shelf Liner -
- Design Bundles Cut Files & Bundles -
Dollar Tree Items Used:
- 2 Metal Flowers
- 2 Picture Boxes
Other Items Used:
- White Chalk Paint
- Elephant Gray Chalk Paint
- Nutmeg Brown Acrylic Paint
- Metalic White Acrylic Paint
*As an Affiliate, we may earn a small commission when you purchase thru our link at no extra cost to you.*
JOIN MY COMMUNITY to get FREE Printables and Special Deals only for my subscribers.
My Disclaimer: All of the video footage, photos, and designs are created by me and are owned by Designs By Gaddis. You may only use the video footage, photos, and designs with my permission. My content is mine, and it is protected. I am not sponsored or paid by any product companies or tools shown in these videos unless otherwise mentioned. I have full rights and control of the content.
Copyright @ Designs By Gaddis 2020. Any reproduction or illegal distribution of the content in any form will result in immediate action against the person concerned.