I am so ready for Spring! What about you?
Today I will show you how I used a .75 picture from Dollar General and turned it into this adorable tiered tray mini wood sign PERFECT for a Spring tiered tray. I love this mini wood sign. They're so simple to make and so stinking cute.
When I started my DIY adventure I was making large wood signs. They were big, bulky, and cost a lot to ship because of the weight. I really love making these mini wood sign. They are small and easy to work with and the shipping is almost nothing.
I removed the metal Family from the picture and sat it to the side. I will be using it for another project later.
- I removed the paper from the picture using rubbing alcohol and a scrapper.
- I used white chalk paint and painted the picture. It took 2 coats for an even coverage.
- I used Tumbling Tower Blocks from Dollar Tree and Americana Antiquing Wax to create the frame.
- After the wax dried I glued the Tumbling Tower Blocks to the sign with hot glue.
- I created this cut file using Inkscape and then uploaded the file to Design Space.
- I sized the cut file to fit my sign and cut the vinyl using my Cricut.
- I layered the vinyl on the transfer tape and applied it to my sign.
- I applied Gloss Mod Podge to the sign to give it a finished look and to help protect it.
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR THE FULL TUTORIAL
Mr. Cottontails Carrot Patch Tiered Tray Sign turned out so stinkin' cute!
Interested in Learning Inkscape, Sign Up Here to be Notified when I start my new Inkscape Series.
Products I Use Daily and Highly Recommend
- Sola Wood Flowers
- Monvict Hot Glue Gun
- Tack Light Hot Air Gun
- Duck Clear Shelf Liner
- Design Bundles Cut Files & Bundles
Dollar Tree Items Used:
- Tumbling Tower Blocks
Other Items Used:
- Americana Wax White Chalk Paint
*As an Affiliate, we may earn a small commission when you purchase thru our link at no extra cost to you.*
***Most Popular DIY Videos
- How to Make Chalk Paint with Baking Soda
- Easiest Gnome Tutorial
- Wood Beaded Garland
- 18 Dollar Tree Christmas Decor DIY's
- How to Make Mini Wood Stack Books for a Tiered Tray
Join my community to get FREE Printables and Special Deals only for my subscribers:
My Disclaimer: All of the video footage, photos, and designs are created by me and are owned by Designs By Gaddis. You may only use the video footage, photos, and designs with my permission. My content is mine, and it is protected. I am not sponsored or paid by any product companies or tools shown in these videos unless otherwise mentioned. I have full rights and control of the content.
Copyright @ Designs By Gaddis 2020. Any reproduction or illegal distribution of the content in any form will result in immediate action against the person concerned.