I recently picked up these pinecones at the local park and decided to make a cute door hanger with them.
I wanted a rustic farmhouse feel for the Christmas Door Hanger. So, I used red and black buffalo check ribbon, pinecones, and twine to make this adorable door hanger for the inside of my front door.
Join me on MeWe www.mewe.com/i/designsbygaddis
👍 👍 👍 👍 Give This Video A Thumbs Up If You Love Crafting & Easy Home Decor 👍 👍 👍 👍
Dollar Tree Items Used:
- Bell Door Hanger Ornament
Other Items Used:
- Buffalo Check Ribbon (Dollar General)
- White Chalk Paint
- Hot Glue Gun & Sticks
Step 1. Cut Ribbon.
- I used this buffalo check ribbon I got from Dollar General and cut it into 3 pieces at various sizes.
Step 2. Snowy Effect (Optional).
- I wanted to give the pinecones a snowy effect but this is optional you can leave them natural.
- I used white chalk paint and the dry brush technique to apply the paint to the pinecones.
Step 4. Attach Pinecones to Ribbon.
- I used hot glue and pushed the ribbon down into the top of the pinecone.
Step 5. Attach Hanger.
- I needed a way to hang the ribbon so I used a ring from a Dollar Tree bell hanger.
- I removed the ribbon, bells, and the string from the original door hanger.
- I then glued the ribbon onto the hanger starting with the longest ribbon and working my way up. Placing each ribbon on top of the ribbon below it.
Step 5. Decorate the Hanger (Optional).
- I didn't like the look of the solid black hanger so I wrapped it with twine. Gluing the twine at each end under the ribbon so the glue wouldn't show.
to get FREE Printables and Special Deals only for my subscribers:
My Disclaimer: All of the video footage, photos, and designs are created by me and are owned by Designs By Gaddis. You may only use the video footage, photos, and designs with my permission. My content is mine and it is protected. I am not sponsored or paid by any of the product companies or tools shown in these videos unless otherwise mentioned. I have full rights and control of the content.
Copyright @ Designs By Gaddis 2020. Any reproduction or illegal distribution of the content in any form will result in immediate action against the person concerned.