With Christmas right around the corner, I have started working on gifts for my family and friends. For my niece, I wanted to make something she could take with her to school when she starts college. What better than a personalized cork board using her favorite colors red and black.
A corkboard is a great way for her to keep important information in her eyesight. And who doesn't love a fashionable and personalized corkboard?
Corkboards have been around for a long time and I wanted a special cork board for her. So I created this cork board and personalized it with her name.
Perfect Gift Idea for a Teenage Girl!
- Glue corkboard squares to the glass of the picture frame.
- Cut fabric to fit the frame.
- Apply spray adhesive to the back of the fabric.
Place fabric on top of the corkboard pieces and press down firmly.
If any areas don't stick simply raise the edge and spray again.
Apply burlap ribbon around the edge of the frame.
I used hot glue to do this.
Apply nautical rope around the frame.
I used hot glue again for this.
- Apply nautical rope so the board can be hung.
- Personalize the corkboard.
- I used my Cricut Explore Air 2 and a funky font I found on Dafont.com to create this vinyl cut out.
Step 9. (Optional)
- I used my iron set on a lower temp and applied pressure making sure I kept moving the iron and not leaving it in one spot too long.
- Since I was using a faux leather fabric I did this so vinyl would melt into the crevices of the faux leather. It helps to give the vinyl more of a hand-painted look.
Watch the Video for the Full Tutorial
This was a fun project and really enjoyed doing it. I think my niece will really like this for her room.
Join my community to get FREE Printables and Special Deals only for my subscribers:
My Disclaimer: All of the video footage, photos, and designs are created by me and are owned by Designs By Gaddis. You may only use the video footage, photos, and designs with my permission. My content is mine and it is protected. I am not sponsored or paid by any of the product companies or tools shown in these videos unless otherwise mentioned. I have full rights and control of the content.
Copyright @ Designs By Gaddis 2020. Any reproduction or illegal distribution of the content in any form will result in immediate action against the person concerned.