I just love all the cute faux whip cream topper mugs you see this time of year.
It is so much easier to create the faux whip cream topper than it is the chocolate covered marshmallows. I have been trying to do them and just can't get it right. Maybe I am too much of a perfectionist, but the whip cream topper is simpler for me to make and I think it is the most adorable thing ever.
Step 1. Clean Mug.
- Clean the mug you are going to use. I used rubbing alcohol and wiped it down with a paper towel.
- This will remove any dirt and oil from the mug so the vinyl will stick better.
Step 2. Cut and Apply Vinyl.
- I purchased this cut file from Design Bundles.
- I added the bottom part "and drink hot cocoa".
- Cut the vinyl using my Cricut Explore Air 2.
- Apply vinyl in the spot you want on the mug.
Step 3. Outline the Base.
- I used a piece of cardboard to trace the rim of the mug. You can also use foam board.
Step 4. Cut the Base.
- I cut around the outline I just made.
- Trim it just inside of the line.
Step 5. Whipped Cream Middle.
- I used a large styrofoam ball from Dollar Tree and cut it in half.
- This will be the center of the whipped cream.
Step 6. Attach the Base and Styrofoam.
- I hot glued the styrofoam half to the cardboard base.
- You can use Mod Podge or white glue for this step if you don't have a hot glue gun. It just may not stick as well.
Step. 7. Apply Caulk.
- I used a tube of caulk from Dollar Tree.
- I cut the tip at an angle and then started applying it to the styrofoam and base.
- I applied it like I was frosting a cup cake.
Step 8. Add Embellishments.
- I cut a paper straw down to fit and pushed it into the styrofoam ball.
- I then sprinkled the Whipped Cream with red and green glitter.
- I also added Red and Green crafting tubes from Dollar Tree.
- You can decorate the top of the Whipped Cream with anything you like. (mini graham crackers, mini marshmallows, peppermint candies...)
Step 9. Allow to Dry.
- I sat the Whipped Cream to the side for a couple of days to let it dry completely.
- Once it was dry I placed it on top of my mug.
👍 👍 👍 👍 Give This Video A Thumbs Up If You Love Crafting & Easy Home Decor 👍 👍 👍 👍
- Design Bundles Christmas Craft Bundle 4
- Red Mug
- Paper Straw
- Red & Green Glitter
- Red & Green Glitter Tubes
- Styrofoam Ball
- Cricuit Explore Air 2
- Oracle Vinyl
*As an Affiliate, we may earn a small commission when you purchase thru our link at no extra cost to you.*
to get FREE Printables and Special Deals only for my subscribers.
My Disclaimer: All of the video footage, photos, and designs are created by me and are owned by Designs By Gaddis. You may only use the video footage, photos, and designs with my permission. My content is mine and it is protected. I am not sponsored or paid by any of the product companies or tools shown in these videos unless otherwise mentioned. I have full rights and control of the content.
Copyright @ Designs By Gaddis 2020. Any reproduction or illegal distribution of the content in any form will result in immediate action against the person concerned.