Making a farmhouse style beaded garland with a tassel is an easy and relaxing decor project. I love making them!
The beaded garland I will be working on was originally made to be used with my Christmas tiered tray decor. But it can be used year around with the black, red, natural and white color beads.
Watch the Video for the Full Tutorial.
- I used small wooden beads and painted them with spray paint in black, red, and white. I left one set of beads natural.
- I used a piece of twine and began stringing the beads in a pattern I like once the beads were dry.
- Some of the bead holes were too small for the twine so I used a pair of tweezers and rotated one end inside of the beads to make the hole larger and/or to clean out the bead so the twine would fit.
- I used some lace ribbon from Dollar Tree, some wired buffalo ribbon from Hobby Lobby, and some of the twine I used to create the garland.
- I cut everything to about the same length. I also cut the wire off of the wired ribbon. I didn't want my tassel to be stiff.
- I layered all of the pieces and stacked them together.
- I used some more twine and wrapped it around the top of the tassel.
- I tied a double know to start and left the end of the knot at the top of the tassel. This will help when attaching the tassel to the garland.
- I then added a dab of hot glue to the top of the tassel and the first bead on the garland, just to make sure everything is secure.
- I tied a simple double knot at the other end so the beads wouldn't roll off.
- I wanted more of a tattered look so I began stripping some of the pieces off of the buffalo ribbon for a fringed appearance.
Dollar Tree Items Used:
- Lace Ribbon
Other Items Used:
- Amazon Wood Beads - https://rebrand.ly/Wood-Beads
- Hobby Lobby Ribbon - https://rebrand.ly/Buffalo-Ribbon
- Amazon Hot Glue Gun - https://rebrand.ly/Monvict-Hot-Glue-Gun
Designs By Gaddis
- Completed Garland - https://rebrand.ly/DBG-Christmas-Mini-Garland
*As an Affiliate, we may earn a small commission when you purchase thru our link at no extra cost to you.*
My Disclaimer: All of the video footage, photos, and designs are created by me and are owned by Designs By Gaddis. You may only use the video footage, photos, and designs with my permission. My content is mine and it is protected. I am not sponsored or paid by any of the product companies or tools shown in these videos unless otherwise mentioned. I have full rights and control of the content.
Copyright @ Designs By Gaddis 2020. Any reproduction or illegal distribution of the content in any form will result in immediate action against the person concerned.